When it comes to motocross, our new 2017 CRF450R is huge news this year. But in the enduro, hare scrambles, and GNCC world, there’s even bigger news: Introducing the new 2017 Honda CRF450RX, the ultimate weapon for serious off-road competitors. At its core, we’ve taken our new CRF450R and optimized it for off-road racing. And not with just some new tires or graphics. We’ve done it the Honda way—the right way. And the results are, well, electrifying.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
- Electric and Kick Start Talk about the best of both worlds: The new 2017 CRF450RX comes with both a kick- and electric-starting system as standard equipment. Having both options will ensure faster GNCC starts for the ultimate holeshot.
- 260mm Front Brake The CRF450RX’s large front-brake disc measures a whopping 260mm. You get great brake feel and a wave pattern that cuts down on weight. Front and rear brake-disc guards are part of the package, and are sure to be popular with off-road riders.
- Skid Plate A factory skid plate is light and offers the engine and lower-frame protection that a motocross racer demands. The smooth contours help keep you from getting hung up on logs and rocks, too.
- Kickstand It seems like a small detail, but off-road bikes can sometimes need a kickstand. Which is exactly why you’ll find this light, compact unit added right from the factory.
- Large Fuel Tank Stopping for fuel in a race costs time. With the CRF450RX’s 2.2-gallon fuel tank, depending on the course and how much roost you’re making everyone else eat, it’s possible to make it through a three-hour enduro with just one fuel stop.
- Engine Mode Select Button This simple, handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth, and Aggressive, depending on course conditions.
- 18-Inch Rear Wheel An 18-inch rear wheel is another indication of the CRF450RX’s off-road heritage. Whether it’s red Georgia clay, Florida loam, or Baja sand and rocks, you’re going to find this bike offers the performance you need.
- Off-Road Suspension with Spring Fork Designed specifically for the demands of off-road riding, the CRF450RX’s new Showa Spring Fork and suspension components are fully adjustable and chosen to give you the ultimate tunability and performance in the field for changing conditions.
- New Dual-Muffler Exhaust System The CRF450RX’s dual exhaust system is compact and positioned closer and lower in the frame’s center to take weight off the rear end and bring more mass to the bike’s center for superior handling.
- Dunlop Geomax Off-Road Tires The new Geomax AT81 tires are specially designed for off-road riding, and help the new CRF450RX hook up and put its holeshot traction to the ground.
- New Aluminum Frame Our twin spar aluminum frame positions the rear shock’s mounting point low, opening up the airbox area and contributing to a lower center of gravity. The frame geometry also helps give you more traction, and that means more holeshots!
- New Flywheel Off-road riders want smooth power delivery that gives the engine’s revving character, better matching it for tougher terrain. That’s why the new CRF450RX gets a special flywheel tuned for off-road use.
- Cylinder Head Layout The 2017 CRF450RX uses a new “in-finger” rocker design. The efficient Unicam cylinder head gives you the design and performance of a double-overhead-cam layout but the compactness of a single-overhead-cam design.
- Scavenge Pump Deep in the engine, there’s a new oil scavenge pump. You may never see it, but it helps keep the CRF450RX’s overall design compact.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.