Open-class motocross might as well be called the unlimited class. There’s no room for anything but the best here, and the best keep getting better and better every year. Well, have no fear, because the all-new 2017 Honda CRF450R is here. Major improvements everywhere, especially to the engine’s increased power and peak torque, help drive you to the front of the pack. There’s even an optional electric starter this year. And when you’re in the lead in the first turn with an empty track in front of you, it’s a whole new kind of race.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
- Downdraft Fuel Injection Part of an entire engine overhaul for 2017, the new downdraft intake tract and FI body help and increase both power and fuel-metering precision. It’s part of the reason the CRF450R offers such explosive power and massive torque, especially out of the starting gate and in the critical first 100 feet of the race to the first turn.
- Dunlop MX3S Tires Developed using Dunlop’s latest “block-on-block” design technology, the CRF450R’s new MX3S tires give excellent feedback and are a perfect complement to the CRF450R’s new frame and suspension.
- New Cylinder Head Layout This year the new 2017 CRF450R uses a new “in-finger” rocker design. The Unicam cylinder head remains the most efficient in the MX world, giving you the design and performance of a double-overhead-cam layout but the compactness of a single-overhead-cam design.
- Higher, 13.5:1 Compression Ratio A new combustion-chamber design with a revising squish area helps boost the CRF450R’s compression to new heights this year, an impressive 13.5:1. That means improved combustion efficiency for more power.
- New “In Molded” Graphics With the all the time you’ll be spending in victory circle, you need to look your best. The new CRF450R has you covered. New “in molded” graphics look great, and stay looking good longer.
- Skid Plate A factory skid plate is light and offers the engine and lower-frame protection that a racer demands.
- New Showa® Spring Fork An all-new 49mm Showa® fork features a conventional spring design that helps increase the CRF450R’s front-suspension precision, handling and feel.
- Next-Generation Aluminum Frame New for 2017, our Next-Gen twin spar aluminum frame positions the new rear shock’s mounting point lower, opening up the airbox area and contributing to a lower center of gravity for more holeshots. The frame geometry also helps improve traction, feeling and steering precision.
- Updated Twin-Muffler Exhaust System The CRF450R’s dual exhaust system is even more compact for 2017 and positioned closer and lower in the frame’s center to take weight off the rear end and bring more mass to the bike’s center for improved handling. It also allows for more air flow, and that equals added horsepower.
- Electric-Start Option Looking for an awesome new option? Check out the electric-start kit available for the first time on the new CRF450R!
- 260mm Front Brake The CRF450R’s large front-brake disc measures a whopping 260mm. You get great brake feel and a wave pattern that cuts down on weight. Front and rear brake-disc guards are part of the package too.
- Titanium Fuel Tank Grams and performance count, and the 2017 CRF450R makes a big switch to a titanium fuel tank this year. Light and strong, it’s also thinner than our previous plastic unit, while maintaining the same capacity, freeing up more space and helping to centralize fuel mass.
- Engine Mode Select Button This new simple handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive, depending on track conditions.
- New Scavenge Pump Deep in the engine, there’s a new oil scavenge pump. You may never see it, but it helps keep the CRF450R’s overall design compact.
- Flatter Seat/Tank Junction The new 2017 CRF450R features a new, flatter seat/tank junction, including a new titanium fuel tank. The improved ergonomics make it easier to move forward and back on the bike, increasing your control.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.