2017 Polaris 600 Switchback® Assault® 144
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
RIDER BALANCED CONTROL
- AXYS® Chassis The NEW AXYS chassis for the 144 platform is light and strong, offering rider balanced characteristics critical for the 50/50 rider. The rider is moved into a balanced position on the sled so it rides flat through the corners. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- NEW IGX 144 Rear Suspension A core element to the new AXYS 144 platform is the all new Ideal Geometry X-Over 144 uncoupled rear suspension, which offers the ultimate blend of durability and strength. The IGX 144 rear suspension provides RMK-inspired off-trail agility and balance with a drastically improved on-trail ride. Pitch is controlled through geometry in this new rear suspension. With 43% more front torque arm travel, this sled features reduced bottoming and less drag off-trail. An all new optimized, lighter, tipped rail beam design gives the sled a nimble feel.
- PowderTrac™ Hybrid Running Boards The all new PowderTrac Hybrid running boards offer optimized design with 56% open space for maximum snow clean out while maintaining extreme strength. Designed specifically for the crossover rider, the boards are wider and flatter in the front for comfort while sitting and better positioning while standing up. The rear of the boards tapers back for better mobility and snow clearance when carving.
- Lightweight At 456 lbs, the Switchback ASSAULT on the AXYS 144 platform is the industry-leading lightweight 50/50 crossover snowmobile. It allows you to get up on top of deep snow faster and offers quick acceleration.
- 600 Cleanfire® Engine This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions. Now in the AXYS® chassis, the 600 engine features new lightweight integrated mounts, electronic oil pump and bypass thermostat.
- Electronic Oil Pump Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive – and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
RIDER CENTRIC COMFORT
- AXYS® Performance Seat The AXYS Performance seat utilizes a high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. - The seat is lighter without compromising comfort - Improved ergonomics and stability - Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place
- NEW Polaris MessageCenter Gauge The NEW Polaris MessageCenter Gauge features: - Larger viewable LCD screen @ 4.3” - Increased display area +25% - Scrolling message center
- Left-Hand Controls The left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: - Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting. - Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight. - LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out. - For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Wind Protection The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Integrated Storage Standard storage was designed and developed right along with the AXYS platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled’s design lines. Compression-molded materials provide semi-rigid storage and enhanced styling Sturdier zippers provide better cargo security and protection Installs without tools
- Premium Fit & Finish Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps - Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas - Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines - Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- Choice of Cobra 1.35” Track or Series 4 2.0” Track Cobra 1.35" Track: Delivers excellent performance on soft, loose snow off-trail. The softer lugs feature traction teeth for better grip on hard-pack surfaces. Series 4 2.0” Track: Stiff lug base for hard-pack performance, soft and flexible tips for superior deep snow traction
- Walker Evans® Needle Shocks Premium shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offer the best in tunability and fade-proof performance. Unique needle design uses hydraulic force at the end of the stroke to eliminate harsh bottoming.
- ProTaper Handlebars New ProTaper Handlebars are aluminum and feature a flat design with integrated mountain hooks for ease in deep snow riding and aggressive cornering
- PRO-STEER Skis The PRO-STEER ski features a reshaped keel and shortened skag for reduced steering effort. Redesigned ribs atop the ski increase torsional stiffness for more precise steering, and bosses added atop the ribs provide traction to prevent slipping when a rider steps on the ski in deep snow.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.